Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Debate Exposes Doubt (Death Cab For Cutie)

Have you seen this commercial yet?What is the first thing that comes to mind when you see this is probably the same thing that I thought of “That is not even possible” Hummer makes you believe that you can customize your vehicle to whatever you want without limitations. This of course is not true. I did notice that as the vehicle launches off the pier it states “do not attempt” it doesn’t state “underwater option not available.” Ever since Beavis and Butthead “encouraged” children to burn down their living rooms and Barbie commercials made people believe that their doll would walk and dance on their own, every ad has to state the obvious. I read a great article about it in Dallas News that stated what the majority of us say when we see the obvious stated... DUH!!! As for the Hummer commercial, I would love to see the sales persons face the 100th time that he is asked “Can I get the underwater option on my customizable Hummer? “ And through gritted teeth they reply with “That was just a commercial, don’t you want a car wih real options?”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

On every box of Hamburger Helper there is a picture of the food cooked and on a plate or in a bowl looking so lovely (better that it will ever look in real life) with the words next to it that say serving suggestion. “Duh”, are people really that stupid? No I think it is because people are so inclined to sue, and get “rich” that the only way the manufacturers can keep from being sued is to put these “DUH” disclaimers on everything. After all you do find them on everything now a days from Alphabet Soup to ZZ Top CDs and everything in between.

Anonymous said...

I find it funny that you picked that commercial to blog about the odious not being stated because apparently I was the only idiot who really thought that the underwater option was for real. I was in the break-room at work when I told someone about the cool new option you could get with H3 when I was informed that it was just a commercial and that you could not really get a H3 that goes underwater. DAH!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is great. People who just by Hummers because they think they are a status symbol will be asking the salesman how they can do customize it so they can show off. Even though you can't drive them like a submarine right now I am sure some will try to do it and we will see the headline "Person Drives Hummer off Pier at Lake Sink"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.